Client portfolios are constructed and managed toward individual investment goals.
While we attempt to outperform relative investment benchmarks, such as the S&P 500 Index, client goals may include specific considerations that affect overall performance.
- Van Cleef favors the transparency and liquidity of publicly traded securities.
- We employ a total return approach to the construction and investment of portfolios.
- Individual stock and bond positions comprise a substantial portion of most portfolios.
- Risk should be considered where returns are unlimited in nature, as in common stocks.
- Risk should be avoided when returns are generally limited, as in bonds.
- Passive (Indexed) investments are appropriate and complement individual holdings.